Last updated on: February, 2022
1. What Personal Information we collect. We collect personal information to provide our site and Services. As a result, the information we collect about you depends on what Services of ours you use. We may collect information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address, information about you and your move to Canada, such as nationality, destination in Canada, your needs, the stage and timing of your move, your interests and preferences, information about the services you need, information about your budget and financial situation such as bank accounts, statements and credit history, government ID, passport, visa, and your letters of acceptance, and any other information you choose to provide to us. If you make an order, we collect payment information, information about your order, delivery information, and your purchase history with us.
2. What we do with the Personal Information we collect. We use the information we collect to provide our Services and for the purposes we describe in this Policy. For example, we use personal information to process any orders you make and provide the Services you ask for, to create an account for you, to provide you with information, to help you budget and plan your move, for record keeping, to improve our Services and site, for promotional purposes, to administer and enforce our terms and agreements, to respond to you, to investigate and settle disputes, to investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities, and to comply with applicable laws. We may also use information for other purposes to which you consent.
3. When we Disclose Personal Information. We may share information with third parties that help us provide our Services. For example, we may use a third party to host our website or process payments. If you ask, we may share your information with a third party whose services you are interested in, such as a financial institution. We may also share information if we enter a business transaction, to protect ourselves or others, or if required or permitted by law.
5. Your Choices. If you receive marketing from us, you may contact us to ask us not to send you marketing. You may also use the ‘unsubscribe’ tool we include in our commercial email. Please note that if you withdraw consent for our processing of information we need to process to provide our Services, we may not be able to provide those services to you.
1. What Personal Information we collect
“Personal Information” is information that may identify an individual such as a first and last name, home or other physical address, an email address, payment information, or a phone number or other contact information.The Personal Information we may collect depends on how you choose to use our Services. For example, we may collect the following information:
• First and last name
• Contact information including mailing address, telephone number, and email address
• Information about your move to Canada, including your nationality, destination province/territory and city/community, information about your needs, the stage and timing of your move, your interests and preferences and desired lifestyle, such as information about the services you need or wish to arrangeInformation about your budget and financial situation. With your consent, this may include information about your bank accounts and credit history obtained from your financial services provider or may include a bank statement to confirm your available funds for services such as rent payment. Identifying information such as your government ID, passport, visa, Letter of Acceptance from College.
• If you make a purchase, information needed to process your order, such as your payment information, information about your order, delivery information, and
• Information about you purchase history with us, and
• Other information such as your communications with us, surveys, and/or other information that you choose to provide to us.
2. What we do with the Personal Information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide our Services in accordance with our Terms and Conditions, to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• To allow you to place orders, and to allow us to process and provide the services you request, including if selected by you, facilitating rent payments.
• To allow you to create an account to access our platform and use the functionalities and Services we offer.
• To provide you with information about communities and third-party organizations in Canada, from whom you may wish to receive products, services, or information. For example, we may provide you with information about telephone, internet or wireless, or television services offered by third parties.
• To assist you with budgeting for your move to Canada, such as providing a budget calculator.
• To assist you with generating a customized plan for your move.
• For our internal record keeping.
• To improve our Services and the user experience on our platform.
• To send promotional emails and other communications about our Services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, including at our discretion making promotional offers based on your purchase history.
• To manage, administer, maintain, service, collect and enforce our Terms and Conditions, or any other agreement we have with you.
• To respond to your questions or complaints.
• To investigate and settle any dispute or claim which relates to our site, or Services, and to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
• To investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter.
• To comply with applicable laws and regulations, including applicable ‘know your client’ and anti-money laundering requirements.
• For other purposes which are disclosed to you and to which you consent. We may also anonymize, aggregate, or otherwise strip any personal information or other information we collect of all personally identifying characteristics and may use or share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties for any purpose we deem appropriate.
3. When we Disclose Personal Information
(i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law;
(ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; or
(iii) to protect our rights, safety or property, or those of others.Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
6. We may Transfer Personal Information to Other Countries
Personal information that we collect may be stored and processed in Canada or any other country in which we or our service providers maintain facilities, including in the United States. Personal information processed and stored in another country may be subject to disclosure or access requests by the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that country according to its laws.By using our Services or by providing us with personal information, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. If you have any questions about our use of service providers outside of Canada, you may contact us using the information below.
7. Links to other websites
8. Your Choices
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• You may write to or email us using the contact information below to withdraw your consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• If you receive commercial email from us, you can also unsubscribe using the unsubscribe tool we provide in such messages.
9. Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
You have a right to request access to your personal information that we hold and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate, subject to exceptions in the applicable law. If you would like to have access to the personal information we have about you, or if you would like to have it corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. In some cases, we may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in certain circumstances, for example, if it contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons.To help protect against fraudulent requests for access to your personal information, we may ask you for information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is you or is authorized to access your information before granting access. For example, we may require you to verify your identity before you access your personal information.If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the below address.
We do not intend to collect information from children. If you are under 18, please do not provide us with any information.
11. Contact Us
• access personal information that you have already provided to us so that you can correct or update it; or
• to submit a complaint,Please advise us by contacting our Privacy Officer by writing to: VP of Operations, 210-137 Glasgow St., Office 161, Kitchener, ON N2G 4X8.
You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.